Saturday, October 16, 2021

Muscles is gone

Last night I posted on Craigslist an ad for giving away Muscles for free and why I was doing so.  I like Muscles but I'm afraid he won't be able to handle being around the other cows this Winter when they eat hay from the feeder.  Even now walking from the hayfield to the river to drink would be long and hard for him.  And he would like to be near the other cattle as he mooed a bit yesterday after I let the other cows into the hayfield and he remained in the corral.  For some time the only cattle that would spend time with him was the newborn calf.  The cows didn't seem to want anything to do with him.  So sad.


This morning a couple came and got Muscles.  They said they had a milk cow and calf and small pasture.  In the past they said they had a calf that could only use three legs as the former owner had a large area for his cattle and couldn't handle that calf.  The couple who got Muscles seemed to be nice people. So I think Muscles will have a good home; probably a better home than what I would have for him this Winter.

I thought it would be nice to not have to care for, or give extra attention to, Muscles.  But I already miss him.  

No comments: