Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Cattle slowing down fence rebuild

A few weeks ago I had started the fence rebuild between the front yard and the pasture.  I'm making progress - slowly.  I have 9 sections rebuilt out of the 16 sections.   It takes me around two and a half hours to rebuild each section.  Since the cattle are now in the hayfield that means I need to spend the time non-stop to start then complete the section.  I can't start a section and finish it another day.  So that means I usually only get one section rebuilt each day.

The cattle aren't helping things, and slow me down at times.  Today I remembered to have my camera with me so I could get a photo of them when they came over to check out what I was doing - once again.

Resting in the sun elsewhere yesterday before I started fence work.

Today they came running over fast.  The yard's grass is eaten down but they wanted to come into the yard to check things out.  I had to hold them off.


The bull then pushed the one rail down as he was checking it out.

Then Little Red wanted to check out the rail after I put it back up.

Mama getting close.

When I stepped back to get a photo one of the calves started coming through the open area.

No comments: