Monday, October 25, 2021

In heat

About two months ago Diamond had her calf.  Today I seen Haynes the bull near Diamond all day.  This afternoon I looked up close.  I'm sure Diamond is coming into heat.  It's time.  She is not in standing heat yet as she moved when Haynes thought about standing up to bred her.

Most likely Diamond will go into standing heat overnight.  It would be nice if it was during the day so I could see if Haynes is able breed Diamond.  Diamond is one of my biggest cows and Hayne is still growing and maybe not tall enough?

I also checked the pocket gopher traps.  I caught one pocket gopher.  Two traps were covered in dirt from the cattle.  The last trap and metal post were pulled out of the hole in the ground and were several yards away.  *sigh*  Leave the traps alone, please.


Diamond and Haynes

No comments: