Thursday, April 08, 2021

Harrowing done

Yesterday I finished all my harrowing of the property.   It went quicker this year than other years.  Only four days of work.  I concentrated more this year and didn't have as many distractions and could spend more time each day.  Also, getting rid of a number of tree stumps last year helped as I had less obstacles to go around and around.

I am happy to be done.  I worked yesterday until dark before I was done.  I wanted to get done yesterday as today I planned to put up temporary corral panels to enlarge the corral area until the grass gets growing good.  Other years I had to leave the harrows in the north pasture until I took the corral panels down,  This year I was able to get the harrows back to the NE pasture where I store them.  And this morning I even unexpectedly got the harrows all taken apart and put away.  So that job is done.

Of course once again the harrows took a beating when I harrowed the pastures.  Some trees have roots at ground level.  Yesterday at the start I had to redo the harrow sections as several harrows were starting to break apart.   In the end over half of the harrows didn't look anything close the the follow photo.  Several harrows were in pieces at the end.


I even harrowed part of the corral.

Starting to harrow the hayfield.


In the south pasture I still have a few piles of dead tree branches.

This is way taller than it looks like in this photo.

The next two photos are of the same view.  The first was taken from near the south pasture south fence.  The second is looking back across the south pasture from the north fence in the south pasture.



Another view in the south pasture.

No comments: