Friday, April 09, 2021

Extended corral

In my previous post I mentioned that yesterday I put up some temporary corral panels to make the coral larger until I let the cattle out on green grass June 1.  Here are a few photos.




Here are a couple of photos of calf 110.  Calf 110 was the calf I had to teach the mother to accept and let drink from her.  Calf 110 is not afraid of me, unlike the other calves.  Usually calf 110 will come up to me and then rub his head against my legs.  Sometimes hard; so I have to be careful he doesn't knock me off balance or hurt me especially if he starts to rub against my knees.  He will also let me pet/rub his head and neck.  The other calves stand and stare at calf 110 rubbing against me.  They don't know what is going on, or why he is so brave around me.


No comments: