Saturday, April 03, 2021

Ditch burning again

Late this afternoon and this evening I burned the rest of my ditches.  It has been a dry week, but too windy each day.  I am very cautious when burning and want a little wind to move the fire along but not too much wind.  And I want the wind to blow a certain direction.  Late this afternoon the wind died mostly down and the wind direction was correct.  And the forecast is for a chance of rain tomorrow and for a few days.  So now was the prefect time to burn.

Everything went smooth and I was done by sundown.  I had to check some of the wood fence posts.  Some of the posts are old and can catch fire.  None caught fire, but a handful of posts had embers and were smoldering.  That is why I also have a pail of water along with me when I burn.




No comments: