Friday, April 24, 2020

Yearlings and barn door

In my initial livestock auction results page it appears I did fine in selling my yearlings.

Here is another reason it was time to sell those yearlings.   If I left the side barn door open slightly for Daisy to enter the barn the yearlings figured out how to undo the latch.  One time I found one of the yearlings inside the barn eating from the hay bales inside and the other yearlings lined up at the open door trying to get inside the barn also.

This is how I lock the side barn door.  The yearlings would unhook the latch but could not figure out how to get the chain out of the catch.



This is how I 'fastened' the side barn door when I want to leave it open slightly for Daisy to enter the barn.  The yearlings would get the hook out of the chain and then open the barn door.  So I had to quit leaving the side barn door open slightly for Daisy.



One of the yearlings.  He was checking out the barn door when I came to take a photo.  At the auction he and the black white faced yearling weighed 825 lbs each as a pair.  I think this one was a bit over 825 and the other was a bit under 825 lbs.




No comments: