Saturday, April 04, 2020

Calf 11 - Beulah's

Friday morning around 10:30 am Beulah had her calf.  A heifer.  I had checked on the cattle a little earlier that morning and they were all fine.  A short time later I remembered that I forgot to top off the cattle's water trough.  That is when I saw that Beulah was starting to deliver her calf.  So I pretty much witnessed the birth, the calf being cleaned off by Beulah, and the calf minutes later learning to stand up and then how to drink milk.  It is amazing how quickly the calves learn to start doing things.















Here is a 3:54 minute video of the calf just after he was born, being cleaned by this mother, then walking and drink to figure out how to drink milk: https://youtu.be/pFyXWSySof0

The calf is doing well today.  He got through another cold night.

No comments: