Sunday, December 29, 2019

Sawmill cut boards

I had mentioned in my previous post about nailing up a few fence boards that due to my accident I hadn't worked with Curtis to cut some of my odd logs into fence boards using Curtis's sawmill.   Well, when I was nailing the boards on the fence Curtis came by, and since the weather then has been decent and around 40 degrees, he suggested we should cut my logs into boards sometime over the next few days.  So we did.  Before my accident I had brought three short odd logs over to Curtis's place (they can be seen laying on the concrete just behind the first roof post in the next photo).  Since then I found more logs that could be cut so I brought them over the day we cut the logs.

A few years ago Curtis had bought a portable sawmill and learned to cut wood.  You can see the sawmill in the back of this photo closer to the white truck.   It took us a little under two hours to cut my wood.   A number of the cut boards looks great.  It is almost a shame to use them as fence boards but I don't have skill to make furniture or something that rich people would pay to have in their home.


A couple of my longer logs we later cut.

My cut wood




Cut wood stacked for use next year

No comments: