Monday, December 30, 2019

Icy weather when bicycling

Not much ranch work I can do now with frozen ground so every day I ride my bicycle.  This December I set a record for the most miles ridden in the month of December: 681 miles.  And I may have one day left to add miles depending on the weather tomorrow.  The forecast for today was a chance of maybe a little blue sky in the afternoon.  Nowhere close.   And the forecast for tomorrow was a chance of icy rain in the afternoon.  The weather forecast got mixed up.   A light icy drizzle started this afternoon.  It started during my bicycle ride.  Yeah... not ideal.   I had nine miles left to ride home when it started.   It was so light one couldn't really feel it.  But after a while when I would reach up to my face with my hand I could hear my bicycling jacket's arm crinkle due to the light ice on it.  The road looked okay but I rode slower and at times in the small amount of snow on the road pavement's side.  Ice on snow is better than ice on pavement at this time.

I made it home without any problems.

I do wear a bicycle helmet now-a-days since I'm not sure my skull is completely healed.

It is kind of hard to see but there is ice on my helmet and gloves.


No comments: