Saturday, December 28, 2019

Adding a few fence boards

My last fence work this year.  A week or so ago I added fence boards to two railroad ties I had in the ground already.  Formerly I had three 2 by 4 boards between the ties where the fence restarted west of the hayshed. This Spring the cattle knocked off the three boards.  There is no real grass on the other side of the fence but the few blades of grass must have been enticing to the cattle when they were in this area during the calving season as I had put up some temporary panels to make the corral a little larger.  I didn't put the panels or the electric wire along this fence.  As you can see the metal fence wire is bent down at the top due to the cattle reaching over the metal fence.

This was one of my Fall fence projects before my September accident.  I figured I would add four to six more railroad ties as posts for this fence area.  I had planned on adding boards to the railroad ties.  That way during next Spring's calving season the cattle won't be able to reach over this fence.  But my accident recovery took the time away from doing this work this year.   But recently the weather was good, and while the ground is frozen and I can't put in additional fence posts, I found some boards to nail to the existing railroad ties.  I had planned on using other boards, but also derailed by my accident was having Curtis cut some of my logs into fence boards using his sawmill.

Anyway, here are photos of the fence work I did recently.  The property line and fence is just north of the hayshed, that is why the fence posts are not right at the hayshed corner.





An old swather I never fixed up and used.



No comments: