Sunday, September 02, 2018

Hay raked

I started raking the hay Saturday evening and finished this afternoon.  I raked 42 rows into 14 rows.  Three rows into one.







I then attempted to grease the zerks on the baler and on the tractor.  When I put in a new tube of grease the grease gun wouldn't work. After multiple attempts to figure out why, I quit.  I have done this before numerous times with no problem.  Why it wouldn't work now... no idea.

I started to bale the hay.  I was on the sixth bale, and had baled two and a third rows, when I had a problem.  The baler's intake rollers jammed.  Also one large belt was loose as it appeared the bale didn't form all the way to one side.  I had been zig-zagging to ensure hay was brought in side to side.  I dumped the bale.  The belt was snug again but the intake rollers were still jammed.  Hay appeared to be stuck between the belt and rollers on one side. I pulled hay out but couldn't unjam the rollers before it got too dark to see well.  I'll fix it tomorrow.  I may have made some windrows too large for the speed I was driving to pick the hay up.

No comments: