Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Cow, calves, sunset

Now that the calves have calmed down, and eaten most of the partial hay bale I had set out, it was time to let them into the NE pasture and grass. As one of the calves has as her mother cow #60 - the cow with the injured leg - what to do?  Well, cow 60 is mostly healed.  She is walking very well.

Look at how nice her leg has healed!

So I let cow 60 out of the corral to be with the other cows.  Then I could let all the calves out of the corral and into the NE pasture.

Before I let cow 60 out of the corral I gave her and some calves apples to eat.  Later I gave some calves more apples.  Cow 60 is looking on from outside the corral in back of the photo.   Daisy - who I earlier saw at a neighbor's house - is helping with the apples.


Daisy had a busy day with me.  After feeding the calves, Daisy came with me to the south pasture to check on the pocket gopher traps.  When I left to work on a gate Daisy disappeared.  When it was time to go back to the house Daisy was still nowhere to be found.  After I ate a full breakfast and returned to work on the gate Daisy came from the pasture.  He came with me while I worked on the gate.  Once we were done late afternoon Daisy was ready for food and then to sleep.


This evening's sunset.



No comments: