Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Chimney ash and beaver dam

Usually I clean my wood stove's chimney by August.  It was a beautiful day today and I spent the afternoon cleaning the wood stove's pipes and chimney.

The injured cow and two calves finished eating most of the grass in the yard and this evening I let them into the NE pasture to eat the grass there.

Chris has been combining the field across the road.  Last week I had partially breached the massive beaver dam which was flooding the field Chris farms.  I checked the dam late this afternoon and found the beavers had completely repaired the dam.  The beavers have been busy!   I breached the dam again.  Each of the previous two years Chris had gotten his combine stuck while combining.  A few weeks ago I warned Chris the beavers rebuilt their dam bigger and better, so be careful.


The original beaver dam from last week.



No comments: