Friday, August 31, 2018

Mailbox

Today I fixed my mailbox.   It appears someone backed into the mailbox's post and knocked it over.  Probably drove into my driveway to turn around and, being dumb as a rock, backed straight up and hit my mailbox post.  It is hard to over estimate how dumb many Flathead drivers are.  You'd think being so far off the road would make the mailbox safe from being hit.



While having the post two feet in the ground makes for a solid post, it was not solid enough against a vehicle.

I dug out the hole and put the post back in the ground.  I also updated the mailbox protection.   I formerly had a board and supporting boards to protect the mailbox from the snow thrown by the county snowplows.  Having the boards meant I had to clear snow away from the mailbox when it snowed.  So I cut some scrap boards and boxed in the mailbox and covered it.  I moved the mailbox flag to outside the box.


No comments: