Monday, September 24, 2018

Weed hay corral update

My friend Patti in Wisconsin, when not swatting mosquitoes, sent me one of my photos back with comments.





I fixed and adjusted my corral panels around my weed hay.  I took the panels apart and drove my tractor down there. With the tractor's bale spear I moved and somewhat stacked the hay to make a smaller footprint. I would have preferred a larger footprint so that the hay might decompose quicker, but the cattle nixed that plan.

I went from 13 panels down to 7 panels.  Formerly I usually had one steel fence post for each panel.  Now I have two fence posts for each panel.  Each post is wired tight to a panel.   Maybe - just maybe - this will keep the cattle out.

There is some weed hay outside the panels.  I don't think the cattle will eat much of it as most of it is wet, muddy, or manure covered.



No comments: