Wednesday, August 01, 2018

More crises

It doesn't stop.

I got a call from Vandevanters, the meat processer, that the hamburger was ready from my cow.  I still had my stock trailer hooked to my pickup and the pickup bed half full of wood.  I unhooked the trailer, and while waiting at Vandevanters, moved some of the wood to the back of the pickup to make room for the boxes of hamburger.

90 degree heat so I had to get the frozen 1 pound packages immediately home to the freezer.  I first dropped off hamburger several people said they wanted, and then filled my freezer.



I put what didn't fit in my freezer in Jan's freezer as she had extra room.  I have more hamburger than I expected as they said I had about 450 pounds of hamburger, 100 more pounds than I anticipated.

85% lean.

So.  Now to sell it.


During the time I picked up the hamburger my irrigation quit.  After filling my freezer I ran out to make sure the pump wasn't still running.  It wasn't.   Once I had all the hamburger settled for the night I went back to examine the pump.   No power.  I called the electric company and their tests from the office indicated voltage to my meter.  I tried turning off and then back on their switch, and also checked my circuit breaker was on, and still nothing.  So tomorrow it looks like I will have to hire an electrician.

My bad luck never ends and I get nothing done.

No comments: