Thursday, August 23, 2018

Ground beef sold

I sold all my ground beef.  I kept the beef tenderloins for myself.  I could have sold a bit more as I was 11 pounds short for the last request.  People were buying more after tasting and liking what they first bought.  Friends of friends wanted some ground beef.  Donna and Jan were great help in networking their friends and finding buyers for me.

Because I thought I would have more trouble selling 700 or so pounds of ground beef I painted over one of Tammy's old "Womens Expo Today" signs.  I planned on painting "Ground Beef For Sale" and setting the sign by the road.  All the beef sold before I could paint the words.



Wednesday I changed the injured cow's bandage by myself.  Donna is recovering from having one knee replaced this week.  The cow's leg is still healing.  A bit more "goo" than last time, but still it looks like healing is continuing.  (I forgot to take a photo.)   The cow defecated once again after I wrapped the white bandage and before I could wrap the outer layer.  I cleaned the white bandage best as I could of the manure splatters.

The cow still limps bad.  I suspect that even if she heals she will have a bad limp.  Most likely hamburger next year after her potential calf is weaned.


Apple season has started.  Something is up this year as many apple trees do not have apples.  None of my trees have apples and a number of friend's trees also do not.  Must be because of global warming.  I still have a few neighbor's trees I do get apples from.  All the pear trees are loaded.  My pear tree has the most pears ever and some branches are bent way down from the weight.

No comments: