Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Stump 4 in 2018

Stump number 4 was the final tree stump I dug this Spring.  Most of the work took place from May 25 to May 27.  I was running out of time and had to move on to other projects, but looking at what stuck out of the group I optimistically thought the stump would be small and that I could dig the stump out quickly.  Wrong again!  Another large stump.  This time I dedicated my time to digging out the stump and got it out in three days.


The stump doesn't look big, does it?



Partially dug out.



Rather than burning this stump, at this stage I dug down a little more and then used the tractor to pull these pieces out of the ground.



Actually, this piece was the easiest to pull out of the ground.

The stump in pieces.

See.. all gone.

All that dirt came from that hole.



Later, I re-dug up this hole and buried in it the calf who died. That time it only took a half day to dig out the hole.

I'd like to say this stump removal will make dragging a harrow easier but when I just finished digging out this stump I found another stump barely sticking out of the ground a short distance away.

No comments: