Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Stump 3 in 2018

It took me ten days (May 13 to May 23) to dig out tree stump number 3 for the year.  (I did other things too; I didn't only work on the stump.)

When I started, the only part of the stump above ground was the small "fin".



I wanted this stump gone because it made harrowing difficult.  When I used the tractor to pull the harrow, the tree's branches would rub against the tractor cab as I squeezed between the tree and the stump.


I thought I was done until I found this small side root.   Which turned out to be a pain to dig out and remove.




Gone.  Now all the stump has been removed.


What I had dug out of the stump.  I did have help from my tractor for a few of the larger, longer pieces.


Hauling off some of the stump.

All done.  Now for the grass to grow back.

No comments: