Sunday, July 30, 2017

Skunk

My daily bicycle ride was a little later than usual.  It was getting dark a little over three miles from home when, after two vehicles had passed me, a skunk decided to make a dash across the road in front of me. I saw the skunk before it saw me. It was in my lane so I veered to the other lane.  When the skunk saw me it whirled around to face me with its claws scratching/skittering on the pavement.  Before it could whirl around again I was gone as I started to pedal harder once I saw the skunk and realized I could get around it.

A close encounter.

By the way, today I have finished mowing the weeds in the middle pasture.  I even mowed half the yard before the lawn mower ran out of gas and it got too hot (mid 90s).  I surprised Daisy, and she surprised me, as when mowing the back yard she came running out from under one of the piles of boards as I mowed near it.

When checking my pocket gopher traps in the hayfield this evening the neighbor's horses came to the corner that meets with the hayfield and south pasture.  The calves all came over crowding into the corner to look at the horses.

I checked on Buster.  The bands are still on his horns.  I doubt the bands will come off, or be rubbed off, as they are now sunk into his horns pretty good.  The bands do not appear to be bothering Buster  as he is acting as normal as before.

Still moving irrigation pipes across the field each day.

No comments: