Friday, July 14, 2017

Irrigation blues and more baler blues

I woke up to find my irrigation sprinklers were not running.  I walked out to the irrigation building to find the pump not running.  The pressure gage read over 100 lbs.  I tried to restart the pump.  It started up.  The pressure gage went up to 130 lbs.  I wasn't sure if water was being pumped.  I flipped the problem switch to on and the pump turned off.  Either too much pressure or not enough pressure.  I had a field to bale so I left it be.  On the way home I removed the end cap to a sprinkler line and not much water ran out.  Too much pressure probably not the problem.  A problem to be solved another day.

I am falling asleep as I type this so I will make this short.  Baler/haying problems started right off, kept up much of the day, and ended the day before sunset.  I have two rows left to bale.  I was sooo close before a belt twisted on the baler again.  This has been a nightmare field to bale.

95 degrees is no fun, even in an air conditioned tractor cab.  The air conditioner struggles to keep up in this heat and in a cab of all windows.  20% chance of rain on Saturday.  If I don't get these last two rows baled it will surely rain on my field.


No comments: