Thursday, July 20, 2017

Irrigation and Wyatt's hay

Today I completed extending the mainline irrigation pipe, moving the two active sprinkler lines, and moving the backup sprinkler line from the south pasture to the hayfield.  This took much of the day.  The nice thing is the pump started right up pumping water when I re-started the pump.

I was about to hook up the extended mainline when I seen Wyatt picking up a load of hay bales he just made.  I waited and then had him deliver me one load using a path through the south pasture then the hayfield to reach my barn.  This way I could avoid Wyatt driving through the middle pasture where the cattle currently are located.  The cattle are in the middle pasture because they elected yesterday to walk in the river around the south/middle pasture fence.

I was able to only put the top row of eight bales into the barn this evening before dark.  The rest will be moved tomorrow.


I have the ladder and several long boards against the hay bales as the top bales in the outside rows kind of wanted to lean outward.

No comments: