Saturday, July 22, 2017

Peas

Today I found a pea plant at the edge of my field that survived my haybine.  There were small pea pods on the plant.  I ate the peas.  They were good.



I cleaned the baler and put it away.

I have raked some of the leftover hay from when I tried to re-bale the broken bales.  I still have several areas to rake.

Tonight the north end of the irrigation reached the river and tomorrow the pipes must be moved back to the east end of the ranch.   The irrigation is making a difference.  There are a few small areas in the north pasture where the water didn't overlap.  One can easily tell where they are due to the poorer condition of the grass.

Yesterday I let the cattle into the north pasture to eat the grass there.

Last night I saw Buddy stand near cow #80.  Hmmm.  Tonight I saw cow number #80 nuzzle and lick Buddy.  I haven't seen Buddy act like she is in heat.... so far.   This past Spring cow #80 didn't have her calf until five weeks after the first calf was born.  She apparently missed her first heat cycle last year.  Looks like the same thing has happened again.

No comments: