Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Irrigation, spraying, rain, Daisy

Today's irrigation switch went smooth.  Only one sprinkler was not working.  The sprinkler was not level.  I straightened it and started the striker and the sprinkler worked fine after that.

I started spraying weeds.  I went through one backpack tankful.  The NE pasture used to be bad with yarrow until I got rid of most of it.  There was a little more yarrow than usual this year.  I think it may be old dormant seeds that were activated from all the irrigation water last year.

We had a thundershower around midnight last night.  It came up quick in the weather forecast as it didn't seem to have been predicted until less than 24 hours before it rained.  The rain caught a number of fields with their hay cut, or fields with small bales not picked up.

Daisy spent the night outside as it rained before she could get back home from her nightly patrol.  At 5 am she was at the door.  Also on the front step was a dead bat.  Good thing I keep Daisy current on her rabies vaccination.

No comments: