Monday, June 26, 2017

Irrigation, grease and Daisy

The irrigation switchover went smooth and quick today just like it should be doing now.

Today's annoyance was my grease gun.  I am greasing the haybine and the tractor.  I ran out of grease and put a new tube into the grease gun.  To make this short: it then wouldn't work.  It shouldn't be complicated but still it wouldn't work.

Even Donna couldn't get it to work.   I am sure she rolled her eyes when I first told her I couldn't get the new tube to work.

I have a second grease gun and that worked when a new tube was put inside it.  Both grease guns were Dad's and are old.  The second gun has a bad hose.  Instead of the joint starting to leak when it gets full, the grease gun's hose starts to leak.

Still, I was able to grease the haybine and tractor.


Daisy came walking to the front step this morning.  When she got here she spit out a small live mouse she had been carrying inside her mouth.  She then laid down and in a bored and distracted manner occasionally 'played' with the mouse.  If the mouse got too far away Daisy would go over and pick it up in her mouth and drop it again near the step.  I was afraid the mouse would get away by getting into a crack between the house foundation and the flower bed.  One time I ended up moving some rocks on the front porch as the mouse was hiding under them.  After a short visit to a neighbor I found Daisy ready to come inside the house.  Whether she finished off the mouse, or it got away, I don't know.

No comments: