Wednesday, June 07, 2017

Hauling horse panels

One of Donna's horses is foundering.

http://agriculture.vic.gov.au/agriculture/pests-diseases-and-weeds/animal-diseases/horses/founder-laminitis-in-horses

While treating her horse - Donna is soaking hay to get the sugar washed out - Donna also plans to pen the horse up in a smaller area with no access to grass.  To do so she bought 7 horse panels.  The flexible kind.

I hauled the panels in my pickup.  The panels are 16 ft long.  If I laid them flat in the pickup's box the end of the panels would drag on the ground as the pickup's box and tailgate length is 10 ft.  The two Murdoch's employees and I bent the panels up and one worker closed the pickup's tailgate.

I drove carefully to Donna's place on back roads.

To get the panels out of the pickup I had to carefully open the tailgate.  With pressure against the tailgate it didn't want to open.  I finally triggered the tailgate's latch and then jumped back.   The panels shot out of the pickup's bed as the panels straightened out.

No one was injured.




No comments: