Monday, June 19, 2017

Calf photos, 1 irrigation pipe, no gates

It would be nice if my irrigation mainline was about 20 feet longer.  Recently I contacted a local irrigation supplier and he had a used 20 foot section.  He had to fix one end and make it 20 feet long.  Tonight I picked up the pipe. The pipe is aluminum.  It weighs much less than my 20 foot steel pipes.  The aluminum pipe fits nicely with the steel pipes.  Once I finish laying my mainline I'll see if the length is what I wanted.

With the recent rain the hayfield is growing very nicely!

At the bi-weekly online auction tonight they had a number of farm gates.  Initially the auction didn't list the gates' lengths.  This afternoon I went and checked the gates in person as I don't trust the online photos to show everything.  I also measured the gates.

There were a few gates I wanted.  Other gates I could maybe use and would get if the price was cheap.

To make this story short: I didn't get any gates.  The gates I wanted sold for too much and the gates I could maybe use sold for more than I wanted to pay for something I don't need right now.


The cattle and calves are doing well.  I have them in the north pasture the past few days.

Beulah and her calf.


Buster is growing and looking good.


Buster and Beulah's calf.

Hmmm... looking at his photos just now I think I can see his horns starting to grow.  They look still too small to band right now to remove them.




No comments: