Monday, June 05, 2017

Calf 13 - Day 2

This morning Donna and I banded/castrated the new calf and put an ear tag on him.



After I returned her calf to Beulah...





Here is a 51 second video of the calf: https://youtu.be/EYc7-8QfOJE


Also today I let Buddy out of the corral to join the cows.  If he breeds a cow today she would give birth next March 14.  I moved up the calving time by 10 days. Now that Buddy is reunited with the cows I no longer have to hear Buddy moaning and calling after the cows all the time.  Buddy is happier now.   And so am I.

Waiting in the corral

Heading out to rejoin the cows

Shortly after Buddy rejoined the cows and checked each one out, I called for the cows and Buddy to go into the middle pasture.  Everyone came and went through the gate except for Beulah and her new calf.  After I "messed" with her calf Beulah wanted to stay in the far corner of the north pasture away from me.  I let her and her calf stay in the north pasture for now.


Daisy joined Donna and I when we walked out in the pasture to band the new calf and then when we let Buddy out of the corral.  It had rained last night and the grass was still wet.  That explains Daisy's wet legs.


No comments: