Thursday, December 31, 2015

6250 miles

Happy New Year!

The year is about over and my bicycle mileage is set.  For the year I rode 6,250 miles.  That is:
  • 520.8 miles a month
  • 120.2 miles a week
  • 17.1 miles a day 
 In 39 years of keeping track of my yearly bicycle mileage, 6250 miles is the third highest year for mileage. (7100 is the most miles I have ridden in one year).  Fairly impressive for an old guy.  My bicycle miles are many, many more miles than I drove in my pickup.

No bicycle tour or big event rides.  I never rode more than 210 miles in a week or over 50 miles in a day.  Just steady and consistent riding almost every day, even throughout the Winter.  With all the "fix it" projects around the ranch, and fence work, and cattle work, etc., etc., until it snowed and made the road icy, often I would ride after the sun set.  My evening route is one that I can vary from 12 to 17 miles.

The last few weeks have been a challenge with all the snow that fell and colder temperatures.  Today I had to ride 12 miles in the cold to reach my goal.

So, I hope you had a great year and were able to meet some good goals, and that next year is ever better for you.

No comments: