Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Broken hydrant

Well... that didn't last a year.  (http://tallpinesranch.blogspot.com/2015/02/faucet-fix.html)  Last week the cattle broke the pipe coming from the well's hydrant.



While the pipe was on the cattle's side of the corral fence I thought it was solid enough and the pipe didn't stick out much for the cattle to break. But prior to Christmas they did. The fitting coming out of the hydrant head was broken off and the pipe ended up in the water trough.  Thankfully the hydrant and it's pipe wasn't broken.

Once I cut the broken fitting out of the hydrant head using a hacksaw blade, I found new pipe fittings to use.  After I worked on the house well this past Summer I ended up with a few more pipe fittings.  The pipe still sticks through the fence into the corral but now it hugs the fence.  I wrapped, with wire, two parts of the pipe to the fence rails to secure the pipe.  When it gets warmer, or in the Spring, I may look for more fittings to see if I can route the majority of the pipe outside the fence and only have it go through the fence into the water trough at the very end.



No comments: