Tuesday, December 22, 2015

More snow than predicted

1 to 3 inches of snow was predicted for Monday night to Tuesday morning.  I woke up to 6 to 8 inches of snow.

Time to get out the snow shovel.

In the morning I shoveled paths to the various buildings. I spent the afternoon shoveling the driveway.  I had half the driveway shoveled when Curtis and Rusty drove over in Rusty's pickup with a snowplow blade on front.  Rusty plowed the rest of my driveway and then plowed the back by the tool shed.  Tomorrow I will finish the little bit by the garage and then back by the pole shed.  I want to toss the snow by the garage over the fence.  I didn't want the pole shed snow pushed against the wood piles and will shovel it elsewhere.

My mailbox took a hit as someone slid against it and broke stuff up. You know how bad Montana drivers are (I'll try not to get started, but seriously... signal for a right and then turn left in front of me?  was one of three insane Flathead drivers when I drove uptown on Monday).  The mailbox post is somewhat upright, but it is badly cracked and is not solid.  The mailbox front is bent.  With all the snow and frozen ground I am not sure what I can do now.  A permanent solution will be added to my "to-do" and "fix-it" list for next year.







No comments: