Sunday, July 05, 2015

Wild weather

Friday and Saturday Kalispell set new record high temperatures of 97 and 99 respectively.  That makes nine days in a row of 90 degrees or higher temps.   I must be getting used to the hot weather.  I was surprised it was 99 degrees on Saturday as it didn't feel near that warm to me. 

Then at dark a front came through as the winds picked up.  Very strong winds.  Good thing the county banned all fireworks for this weekend.  With 30 straight days of no measurable precipitation it is very dry.  If a fire started there would be no stopping it with this wind.

The front arrived when I usually go for a bicycle ride.  I still rode.  It was hard riding into the headwind.  Coming back I flew.  A little faster than I would have liked in the dark.  And what's with all the traffic?!  I saw more traffic Saturday night than I have in the past week or two when I ride.  Some nights I would only see one vehicle on my 12 mile ride.  Saturday night, vehicle after vehicle after vehicle.

Daisy was feeling lazy this evening.  Usually she wants to come with me to work after 7 pm.  Instead on Saturday night she felt like laying on her blankie on the loveseat.  She wanted outside when I got back home after 10 pm.  Then the front came.   When I got back from my bicycle ride there she was on the porch.  She wanted back in the house where it was quieter and not so crazy.  She is laying on the floor by me relaxing.  Guess no mouse hunting and patrolling tonight!

I checked on the cattle and they were laying in the field downwind from the neighbor's house and trees to get somewhat out of the wind.

Now if we could only get some rain.

No comments: