Sunday, July 19, 2015

Water, hay and Daisy

Still dry.  I wanted to water some of the hayfield, if only a very small part.  Due to the cattle I had to put the sprinkler on top of a railroad tie in the corral fence.



Wyatt finally started to bale his hay Sunday night - a week after he cut it. He brought me one load of hay.  The rest will be baled and come on Monday.   This year's hay is not the best. It is dry.  Last year's hay - which I have a few bales left in the barn - is greener than this year's hay.


Daisy supervised.



Later she decided she needed to be on the stack of hay.






Unfortunately she laid on the hay outside the barn.  I had to work around her.  When it came time for her to move she didn't want to.  She was giving me the 'stink eye' until I got the camera out.  She closed her eyes because she didn't want to look at the flash.

I tried to lift her off the hay but she was having none of that.  I finally had to tip the bale a little bit to encourage her to move.

No comments: