Friday, July 10, 2015

Tires and hats

My rear bicycle tire blew out this afternoon less than a mile from home. Bang!  I discovered the tire had a bad cut.  The inner tube must have squeezed out of the tire until it was pinched or encountered a sharp rock.

The tire still has some miles left on it so I placed a small piece of another old tire inside this tire at the cut.  This prevents the new inner tube from squeezing out of the cut.



I then checked my front tire which was in very bad shape.  It had a hole in it.  The inner tube in this tire is thicker and had not popped.  Earlier in the week Walmart finally had gotten the 27 inch tires my bicycle needs.  I replaced the front tire.



Below is my new hat and old hat.  I have had this Ohio State hat since the late 1990s when I found it alongside a road in Minnesota when bicycling. I have no connection to Ohio State.  After 16 or so years the hat is pretty worn out and I have been working on transitioning to a new hat by occasionally wearing other hats.  People who know me know I have a hard time giving up clothing I like.

Thursday Donna presented me with the new Ohio State hat, which is pretty much identical to the old one.  I guess she thought that was the only way I'll give up my old hat.  I'll have to start transitioning to using the new hat.


No comments: