Sunday, June 28, 2015

Water problem, fixed

I think I finished fixing the pump's leaks Saturday at noon. After what... 11 days?  Saturday morning I found the union to the pump was still leaking, the pressure tank's union had water around it but no drops, the faucet had a slow drip, and now several joints in the pipe between the pump and well were wet/leaking.  The plastic/rubber pipe going into the concrete floor was damp but not leaking.

I  replaced the faucet and that fixed that leak.  I loosened and re-tightened pressure tank union and fixed that.  I tried loosened and re-tightening the pump's union but that made it worse.  So I gave up on that union and replaced the union and pipe with a piece of black plastic pipe I cut to the correct length.  That fixed that leak as the plastic could flex where the union could not.

The leak and wet spots between the pump and well were very slow.  Because of all the elbows I am not sure I could tighten the elbows and pipes anymore.  Because the leaks are so slow I will wait and see if they stop on their own.

Its nice to have water from the faucets in the house and no longer rely on bottles and buckets for water.  After I wait a few days I will put the roof back on the pump's shed.


New leaks

No comments: