Sunday, June 21, 2015

Cattle and well

The guy with the pump wanted to spend Father's Day with his family so I won't get the pump until Monday.  All I did on the well on Sunday was to straighten the plastic pipe and then cut a hole in the wooden concrete well cover for the pipe to pass through.



The main thing I did on Sunday was to finish preparing the fruit tree & garden area for the three heifers to come in to eat the grass now that the NE pasture has been eaten down.  I haven't had cattle in this area for some years so I had some work to protect the trees and shrubs.   I also had planted some trees and shrub when I got them last month at the nursery sale and they needed protection.

I didn't protected the two arborvitae shrubs that are hanging on as cattle tend not to eat them.  It wasn't 15 minutes and one black heifer walked over and began to violently rubbing her face and head on the shrub.  I chased her away and got some more wire fence to protect the two shrubs.

It took this black heifer a few minutes to figure out she needed to walk around the gate to get inside.


No comments: