Thursday, May 07, 2015

Wood chips

Today I hauled wood chips for Jan.  It had been 14 years since Bob and Jan put wood chips down around some of their shrubs and the chips had all disintegrated.

At the landscape place nearby they loaded four buckets of chips into my pickup.  Jan thought it may be enough but I told her the pile looks bigger in a pickup box than spread out on the ground.  I know as I recently underestimated how many pickup loads I would need to haul manure from my corral.  She got a fifth bucket of chips.

Not enough chips.   By a long shot.

The pickup box holds six bucket loads and the next time we got six.

Still not enough.  Another four bucket loads of chips and we finally had enough chips.

I shoveled the chips from the pickup and Jan and her daughter spread them out around the shrubs and trees.

My Uncle Curt is a great landscaper and I thought of him while shoveling the wood chips.

The chips were medium sized and cost $45 a cubic yard.   I think the landscaper said 3 bucket loads was a cubic yard.


Five bucket loads of chips



No comments: