Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Turkeys, geese and eggs

Odds and ends of Spring photos...

In April a flock of wild turkeys wandered through the yard, out to the hayfield and then to the pasture and towards the river.



Also in April a goose had eggs on a small island in the river. Several other times I had seen a lone goose wandering around the middle and south pastures.


When kicking some clumps of old hay that the cattle didn't eat out in the pasture I found this very large egg under a clump of hay.  Donna has turkeys and she said this egg is larger than a turkey egg.


Later, when digging up and cleaning the manure and hay mix in the corral I uncovered another egg.  While a large egg, it was much smaller than the previous egg I had found under the clump of hay.  I was surprised the second egg was in one piece under the hay and manure muck in the corral.  I left the second egg sit in the back yard and a few days later it was gone.  Most likely a magpie took it.

No comments: