Friday, May 22, 2015

Cows in heat, the next day

What a difference a day makes!   Thursday morning the bellowing cow stopped bellowing and is happy and content.  I also let Beulah out of the loading corral and she went to work on eating hay from the hay feeder.  No more signs of her being in heat.

I think cow #60 was in heat Thursday as she often stood next to the fence near the bull.  Once in the afternoon she had a look on her face that made me think she was asking me for a little alone time with the bull.  But, while she can bellow her instance on getting more hay (she positions her throat just so to make a loud piercing honk), she was quiet today.

Buddy is getting blue balls.  Most of the day he stood along the fence moaning to the cows.  Poor guy.


Daisy spent all night outside last night.  Never came when I called for her at 2m when it was time for bed.  I checked at 6:30 am, 7 am, 7:30 am, 8 am and 10 am when I finally got up.  She came at 10:30 am and chewed my butt for not being around when she wanted to come in the house.  Then the food in her dish didn't completely cover the bottom.  So I heard about that until I filled her dish up.

The females on the ranch have been giving me griefly lately.


An added bonus...  several items in my homeless collection line of pants.


No comments: