Friday, May 15, 2015

Buddy and fence

This afternoon Buddy was taking interest in the cows across the fence.  One may be coming into heat.  I couldn't tell which one.

This cow is not in heat; she was in heat last week.  Is that smile on the cow's face?   Buddy... what are you doing?!



Buddy has some big balls.


You looking at me?

For a while Buddy stood next to the fence and me.  I scratched his head and around his ears.  Then I moved to his neck and side to his front shoulders.  Some of his winter fur easily was scratched off.   Buddy liked it.  After a bit he turned around so I could scratch his other side.


If you look at the first photo you will notice no wire on the top part of the fence.  Too reach the cows Buddy turned his head sideways and stuck his had through the opening.  The fence post is not the most solid and I was concerned Buddy would get too excited and carried away and the fence would break. It didn't, but I added wire to the top part to prevent him from getting his head through the fence in the future.


No comments: