Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Snow on roofs

The weather forecast calls for a snow/rain mixture on Friday.  Rain added to all this snow is not good as it will only add to the weight.  It appears a neighbor's hay shed's roof collapsed under all this snow a few days ago.

I'm concerned about my buildings so today I started to clean snow from the roofs.  I got the snow off the house's entryway roof and a little off the house roofs next to the entryway.  Then I cleaned the patio roof and started on the tool shed roof as it got dark.  I also cleaned up the rest of the snow that slid off the pole shed onto the ground and my walking path.

I have lots more roofs to clean.

My friend Donna lent me her roof snow rake once her sister was done with it.


Before

After

Once the snow was off the roof I had to shovel it again to move it away from the house.




For Daisy's antics during my snow roof cleaning, follow this link to her blog: http://tallpinescat.blogspot.com/2015/01/snow-roof-cat.html

No comments: