Thursday, January 08, 2015

Metal roof snow

This afternoon I finished clearing snow off the driveway.  Now I can reach the road.  Tomorrow is grocery day.  It was colder and windier today so I was glad I only had to toss snow downwind to clear the driveway.

The snow is sliding off metal roofs. After clearing the driveway I shoveled the snow that slid off the roof so far.


  So much for the path I cleared the other day.

Then until it got dark I shoveled to create a path between the pickup and the corral.  I'm 3/4s the way there.  After I get groceries tomorrow I will continue shoveling snow so I can reach the larger hay bales, then create a path so I can pull one to the pasture.  My pickup is four wheel drive so I imagine I can reach the bale without shoveling, but I doubt I can drive through the snow while pulling a large bale through all this snow.  I had trouble pulling a bale through five inches of snow... another 19 inches would stop me.

I am creating some very large snow piles here and there.

No comments: