Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Cool frosty morning

We have been fortunate that Valley inversions have not set in like predicted.  Therefore we see more sun and have cooler and frosty mornings.



As you can see below the colder temps brought an end to melting.  The water turned to ice.  Slippery!   I tried to buy more cat litter yesterday for Daisy.  Walmart was out.  Really?!   It wasn't until Donna mentioned that people are using cat litter on the ice that I realized why.

Daisy walked all around with me in the morning.  Below she went with me to get the mail.  A tough little kitty walking on all that ice.  This evening I carried her from the corral to the house so she wouldn't have to walk more on the ice. Even though she had been outside with me for an hour while I shoveled more snow by the hay bales, Daisy preferred to walk.




Daisy also came with me to feed another bale of hay for the calves.  You can see the frost on them.  Interestingly, the head and neck is frost free on the calf below.


Hungry little calves in the morning.   The cool morning (5 degrees F) worked up an appetite.



Even with the cold temperatures freezing everything, the manure, etc. near the feeder didn't quite freeze.

No comments: