Tuesday, January 06, 2015

Day after Snowmageddon

After a short bit of freezing rain last night, it quit raining and snowing.  Tuesday was calm and quiet.  Blue clouds but no precip.  The temperature today got just above freezing.  This made shoveling the snow that much harder.  It is so annoying when so much snow sticks to the shovel.

I took advantage of the lull and shoveled snow.  I re-cleared all the paths.  I shoveled a path to the large hay bales, all of which were buried under snow.  What normally would take me 5 minutes of shoveling to make a path to the bales took me over a half hour.  I cleared snow off a corner of the tarp and left the rest of the snow at the tarp and bales for now.

I shoveled a path all the way around the house.

I shoveled a path to the garage and cleared enough snow to be able to open the garage door (the door swings out when opened).  I may be able to open the garage door but I'm still unable to drive my car outside the garage.

I shoveled a short section (the easiest to clean) of the driveway.

At this rate it will take another two days to clear the rest of the driveway so I can go uptown to get groceries.

The wind as predicted kicked up at dusk.  It is blowing pretty hard right now and is suppose to remain strong for some time. I am hoping the warmish temperature today made the snow 'stick' so it won't blow.  Otherwise it will take me more than two days to clear the driveway.

No snowplows came by today.  No one drove in the ditch.







No comments: