Friday, January 30, 2015

Frost and ice and broken bicycle

We had a heavy fog from an inversion all day.  Even though my bicycle was under the entryway porch's roof, the bicycle still got frosted.  The photo doesn't quite capture the frost but you can kind of see frost on the wheel's spokes.



 As you can see, under the snow is a thick layer of ice from when it was warmer and the snow started to melt.



This afternoon I went for a bicycle ride.  I was six miles from home when my bicycle's freewheel quit working.  The freewheel would spin freely in both directions.   The freewheel quit near a house, so after trying to fix the freewheel I asked at the house if I could use their phone to make a call.  The 20-something woman grudgingly let me use her phone.  I called Jan but she wasn't home.  Before I could call Donna the woman said she had a lot going on and that she wanted her phone back.  I walked two miles when Linda, Donna's sister, drove by.  She gave me and my bicycle a ride home.

No comments: