Friday, November 21, 2014

Final miscellaneous fence build stuff

After more than a week of temperatures that have stayed below freezing it looks like my fence rebuilding is over for the year.  The ground is definitely frozen solid.

All told, for my various fence re-buildings in 2014, I put in 41 railroad ties as posts.  I swapped two gates with two different gates and put in four more gates. I rebuilt 600 ft of the fence along the road, and about 132 ft along the southern border when I put the corner posts and gate in that fence.


I used a good number of my salvaged boards on my corral rebuild.  I collected these boards over the years and the piles were a mish-mash of lengths, widths and thicknesses. I spent a fair amount of time looking for the right boards - no sense cutting boards to length when I may have the right sized board in a pile somewhere.

As you can see I have also accumulated lots of barb wire.  My old fences were 3 or 4 strands and my rebuilt fences are 6 strands so I have need of barb wire for the extra strands and to replace the strands that are old, rusted and brittle.




Daisy 'helped' me with many of the railroad ties.  What a cat!





There is plenty of fence to rebuild next year!

No comments: