Friday, October 03, 2014

Train trip

Wednesday night I took the train from Montana to Washington State to attend the 50th wedding anniversary celebration for an uncle and aunt of mine .  Actually I caught the train on Thursday morning as the train was two hours late arriving in Whitefish.  It didn't arrive until 12:30 am.  Jan drove me to the train station.

The train didn't have many passengers and I was able to easily find two seats together and settle down to sleep.  Between the Fall off-season and Amtrak's poor to non-existent on time performance there were few people on the train.

The train splits in two at Spokane, Washington and I woke up the next morning to being at the end of the train.  I could look out the back window of the train.

The train made up time overnight and it was only one hour late arriving into Seattle.  Therefore I was able to catch the connecting train to Tacoma, Washington where Cathy was waiting to get me.

I woke up early enough to see the color in the sunrise...








After a while the color from the sunrise was gone.  But the stark beauty of the landscape remained.


The train window frames the picture.





As we approached Wenatchee Washington we had fruit orchards.


Train stop at either Wenatchee or Leavenworth,Washington and apple orchards.




Puget Sound north of Seattle.


No comments: