Friday, September 26, 2014

Watermelon and apples

The cattle (especially Momma) love watermelon and apples.  Well, not all cattle care for the watermelon rind but it seems as if most of the cattle love the apples.  And some - like Beulah - really love apples.  She is getting more and more caught up in eating apples and is pushing by the bull more rudely now to get to more apples.  The bull doesn't mind as long as he has some apples to eat.


I cut the rind up for the cattle.

Happy cattle chewing their cud and enjoying the sun.

I ended up taking some barb wire and patching the neighbor's fence some more. That little calf has been getting over to the other neighbor's field some more.  Tuesday evening the calf was in the other field when the rest of the herd was here by the corral drinking water and eating apples.  I went out there.  I saw it was a he and not a she.  The little stinker then went back through the fence.  He easily slipped through the loose wires. I added wire connecting the fence's strands.  I then went down the fence line and added extra wire connecting several or more strands pretty much every section between fence posts.  I didn't see the little calf in the neighbor's field today.

Here is a video of several scenes of the cattle eating apples.  The second half is of Momma and a few calves.  Momma is pretty good at sneaking off from the herd when she sees me out in the back yard.  That way she can get some apples.  Being smaller she is usually pushed aside when I give apples to the herd.and she often doesn't get many apples.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEdQ4bAcsNY&feature=youtu.be

No comments: