Saturday, October 11, 2014

Return home

Wen I got home from my Washington trip Daisy was very happy to see me.  She met me at the door and wanted attention.  I had to sit on the front step and pet her for 15 to 20 minutes before I could go inside the house and go to bed.  Daisy, having been inside the house over five days wanted to go outside, but wanted attention from me more.  Her meow was hoarse.  She must have been lonely when I was gone and was calling for me.  Poor kitty.

My first day home Daisy spent a little time on her outside patrols, but mainly hung around me going almost everywhere I went.

Her nose is still healing.  I can see the puncture marks so the injury was not from bumping her nose.  It must itch as it is healing as she moved her head once so I could lightly scratch her nose when I was scratching around her neck and face.




The cattle were also happy to see me.  Seeing me meant more apples.  I gave them several plastic bags full of apples and naturally they wanted more. It appears they all behaved when I was gone. And no reports of that little calf getting out in the neighbor's field.

I found a laundry basket of apples on my front step.  All day I asked people if they left the apples for my cattle.  Nope.  The next morning I talked with Dan and learned he left them.  He said when he dropped the apples off he gave the cattle some apples, and while he remembered me telling him the cattle loved apples, he was amazed at how much they liked the apples.  The herd came thundering over when he came to the fence with apples.  So many stuck their head through the fence to get more apples he was afraid the fence would break.  So he tossed the apples over the fence behind the cattle so they would stop crowding the fence.


Once I got my sleep it was this and that to get back into the groove of things.  By evening I finally began the tear down for a rebuild of the north side barn feeder.  That is when I took these sunset photos, and then the rising  full (blood) moon photo.




No comments: